From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fdisk warnings during install; questions
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 13:22:46
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 10 May 2013 07:10:19 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Well, when I bought my 3Tb drive, I had to use GPT. Yea, I had to
5 >> figure it out but it ain't the end of the world. I think I used cgdisk
6 >> since I usually use cfdisk. They are a lot alike is one reason I used
7 >> it. If I ever replace a drive, I'll likely use cgdisk for it too.
8 > I used to use cfdisk, but switched to fdisk because cfdisk's partition
9 > alignment wasn't good on large drives. That's not a problem with cgdisk.
10
11 That was why I had to use cgdisk. The drive is large. I think cfdisk
12 spit out a error or something. I'm to old and it was to long ago. lol
13 On my other disks, I'm not sure I had even heard of cgdisk when I set
14 them up.
15
16 >> Sort
17 >> of slowly switch over as I can. My worry is forgetting which I used
18 >> which on.
19 > There's nothing to remember, cgdisk and gdisk are interchangable, and
20 > either will warn you if you try to use them on a DOS partitioned drive
21 > (and vice versa for fdisk/cfdisk).
25 That's good to know. At least I know now if I run cfdisk on a drive
26 that I am supposed to use cgdisk on, I'll get a notice. Thanks for that
27 tidbit.
28
29 Dale
30
34 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!