From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Install help
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:25:47
1 On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 15:50:30 -0500, John Jolet wrote:
2
3 > > I think the more "offical" way is to uncomment the following lines
4 > > in /etc/rc.conf:
5 > >
6 > > DISPLAYMANAGER="gdm"
7 > > XSESSION="Gnome"
10 > I would disagree. This is how you boot into x. not necessarily how
11 > you run x. I personally prefer the first way to this.... I boot to the
12 > command line and then run x if I feel like it. My point is the
13 > "official" in the above is misleading.
14
15 You can still start X manually using the "official" way,
16 with "/etc/init.d/xdm start".
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 New: Different color from previous model.