From: John Blinka <john.blinka@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: sysrescue+new asus mobo+secure boot=0
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 21:49:49
1 On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 1:03 PM antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > On 13/05/2021 00:51, John Blinka wrote:
4 > > And it appears your intuition is correct. I left all the “secure boot”
5 > > options in the bios at their defaults except one. I changed “OS Type”
6 > > from “Windows UEFI mode” to “Other OS”. That was sufficient to boot
7 > > from my Sysrescue usb.
8 >
9 > One other little point of interest ... so does that mean
10 > non-windows-uefi, or does it mean bios legacy?
11 >
12 > That could be important information at some point, especially if you
13 > want to dual-boot.
16 Don’t know for sure. Suspect it’s non-windows-uefi. There’s a separate
17 option in the bios boot submenu called CSM (Compatibility Support Module).
18 Googling this suggests to me that this is the bios legacy switch. I’ve
19 moved on to uefi exclusively, am beginning to get a grip on it, and will
20 not dual boot on this box.
21
22 John