From: Pawel Kraszewski <Gentoo@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IPtables question
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 11:06:49
1 Dnia piątek, 2 lutego 2007, Hans-Werner Hilse napisał:
2 > Nope, just the target Adress is rewritten (by routing). DNAT is
3 > Destination NAT! I.e. the target IP of the packet is rewritten. Since
4 > the Linksys is the default gateway, packets can keep their source IP
5 > address. Of course, the source MAC address will be rewritten to the
6 > router's -- but that's got nothing to do with NAT but routing instead.
7
8 Jeee, I'm terrible sorry. My only excuse is that it was written without the
9 morning coffee... Of course SNAT rewrites source IP and DNAT destination IP,
10 and port forwarding uses DNAT. Once more, sorry for confusion - my mind was
11 somehow floating around proxying not forwarding.
14 Pawel Kraszewski
15 www.kraszewscy.net
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list