From: "Poison BL." <poisonbl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [O/T] netstat security puzzle
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 00:19:21
1 On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 7:14 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I am looking at a Mint 18 installation and noticed when running netstat
4 > that
5 > all tcp connections are showing not the PC name, but "Knoppix":<port>.
6 >
7 > What might be the cause of this? The installation was performed using a
8 > Mint
9 > LiveCD iso.
10 > --
11 > Regards,
12 > Mick
15 My first check would be /etc/hosts for an entry there. That, or lazily
16 grepping all of /etc for Knoppix.
17
18 It is strange that it's not using either the hostname as given during
19 setup, or an auto-generated potentially unique one, wherever it's pulling
20 that from.
23 Poison [BLX]
24 Joshua M. Murphy