From: Jason Weisberger <jbdubbs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xgl, masked packages, and me going crazy
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 17:47:05
1 Bo,
2
3 Gotcha, I didn't realize it was an overlay. Thanks for the input.
4
5 On 7/1/06, Bo Ørsted Andresen <bo.andresen@××××.dk> wrote:
6 >
7 > On Saturday 01 July 2006 17:32, Jason Weisberger wrote:
8 > > I believe that missing keyword stuff can be unmasked if you put
9 > > x11-libs/libdrm - in your package.keywords. This is just a guess, but I
10 > > think it should work. This isn't a fix, you should probably file a
11 > > bugzilla report on it, as nothing in the package database should be
12 > without
13 > > a keyword.
14 >
15 > The ebuilds that the OP is referring to is not in the tree. They are from
16 > the
17 > portage-xgl overlay. This overlay contains alpha software which is nowhere
18 > near stable. Also the fact that a package is masked by missing keyword
19 > simply
20 > indicates that the package has not been tested on your architecture..
21 >
22 > --
23 > Bo Andresen
30 Jason Weisberger