From: Remy Blank <remy.blank@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: 500 meg / partition (including /boot) *WITHOUT USING LVM*
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 13:15:22
1 Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2 > Am Dienstag, 4. September 2007 schrieb ext Remy Blank:
3 >> Could you give me a pointer?
4 >
5 > Can't remember when e2fstools were dropped from Gentoo, but resize2fs is
6 > part of e2fsprogs.
7
8 I actually meant e2fsprogs. Bad manual copy/paste operation.
9
10 But I was just looking for the wrong word ("online"). Looking for
11 "mounted" gives the following (yeah, I know, it's the top of the
12 description, I should just have read on):
13
14 The resize2fs program will resize ext2 or ext3 file systems. It can be
15 used to enlarge or shrink an unmounted file system located on device.
16 If the filesystem is mounted, it can be used to expand the size of the
17 mounted filesystem, assuming the kernel supports on-line resizing. (As
18 of this writing, the Linux 2.6 kernel supports on-line resize for
19 filesystems mounted using ext3 only.).
20
21 So you're totally right.
22
23 -- Remy