From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I control size of /run (tmpfs)?
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 21:03:15
1 On Mon, 28 May 2012 21:24:59 +0200
2 Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I always liked Gentoo because it gives me complete freedom
5 > and control over my system. *I* could decide what I want to
6 > use or not. And I'd be very dissapointed if Gentoo one day goes
7 > to "YouCanNotTurnThisOffBecauseWeKnowWhatIsTheBestForYou" way...
8
9 Time to put that myth to bed.
10
11 If such a day cometh, it will not be because Gentoo decided to do so.
12 It will be because the current software available offers little choice;
13 and simply does it that way and only that way.
14
15 Gentoo devs have always stuck close to upstream as mucg as possible -
16 this is not RedHat with large amounts of paid dev talent to mod, tweak
17 and patch software to do what RH wants it to do.
18
19 So lets please stop blaming Gentoo for the route taken by udev and init
20 system programmers, OK?
23 Alan McKinnnon
24 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com