From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Problem with openrc-0.18.4 and ifplugd
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 21:43:17
1 Am Mon, 21 Dec 2015 16:25:34 -0500
2 schrieb waltdnes@××××××××.org:
3
4 > On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 02:06:25PM +0000, James wrote
5 >
6 > > From what I read/understand openrc is in the process of removal from
7 > > @system, for all profiles?
8 >
9 > In Lennart's dreams... and many peoples' nightmares.
10
11 Haters gonna hate...
12
13 If I look at the virtual/service-manager ebuild, openrc probably in
14 the process of being removed from the system set and replaced by this
15 virtual. In that way you can more easily replace openrc with a service
16 manager of your choice.
17
18 The upgrade path will be straight forward: It doesn't affect your openrc
19 installation at all because through the service-manager deps openrc is
20 still pulled into the system set - simply by the fact that it is
21 installed.