From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Problem with openrc-0.18.4 and ifplugd
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 22:38:09
1 On Monday 21 Dec 2015 21:43:00 Kai Krakow wrote:
2 > Am Mon, 21 Dec 2015 16:25:34 -0500
3 >
4 > schrieb waltdnes@××××××××.org:
5 > > On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 02:06:25PM +0000, James wrote
6 > >
7 > > > From what I read/understand openrc is in the process of removal from
8 > > > @system, for all profiles?
9 > > >
10 > > In Lennart's dreams... and many peoples' nightmares.
11 >
12 > Haters gonna hate...
13 >
14 > If I look at the virtual/service-manager ebuild, openrc probably in
15 > the process of being removed from the system set and replaced by this
16 > virtual. In that way you can more easily replace openrc with a service
17 > manager of your choice.
18 >
19 > The upgrade path will be straight forward: It doesn't affect your openrc
20 > installation at all because through the service-manager deps openrc is
21 > still pulled into the system set - simply by the fact that it is
22 > installed.
23
24 Nevertheless, virtual options to make it easier to use alternatives to the
25 current stable version of openrc are not my problem at this stage. I can't
26 get ifplugd to work, unless I start up net.<iface> first and I am getting no
27 /var/log/rc.log to see what's gone sideways. Regardless of these problems I
28 am getting warnings on the console during boot time as posted initially.
29
30 Am I alone in experiencing this? Any ideas for fixing it? Should I post a
31 bug and if so where? I'm thinking that asking Lennart to fix ifplugd so that
32 it works with openrc would be taking it a step too far. :p
35 Regards,
36 Mick