From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Problem with openrc-0.18.4 and ifplugd
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 22:40:01
1 On 22/12/2015 00:37, Mick wrote:
2 > On Monday 21 Dec 2015 21:43:00 Kai Krakow wrote:
3 >> Am Mon, 21 Dec 2015 16:25:34 -0500
4 >>
5 >> schrieb waltdnes@××××××××.org:
6 >>> On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 02:06:25PM +0000, James wrote
7 >>>
8 >>>> From what I read/understand openrc is in the process of removal from
9 >>>> @system, for all profiles?
10 >>>>
11 >>> In Lennart's dreams... and many peoples' nightmares.
12 >>
13 >> Haters gonna hate...
14 >>
15 >> If I look at the virtual/service-manager ebuild, openrc probably in
16 >> the process of being removed from the system set and replaced by this
17 >> virtual. In that way you can more easily replace openrc with a service
18 >> manager of your choice.
19 >>
20 >> The upgrade path will be straight forward: It doesn't affect your openrc
21 >> installation at all because through the service-manager deps openrc is
22 >> still pulled into the system set - simply by the fact that it is
23 >> installed.
24 >
25 > Nevertheless, virtual options to make it easier to use alternatives to the
26 > current stable version of openrc are not my problem at this stage. I can't
27 > get ifplugd to work, unless I start up net.<iface> first and I am getting no
28 > /var/log/rc.log to see what's gone sideways. Regardless of these problems I
29 > am getting warnings on the console during boot time as posted initially.
30 >
31 > Am I alone in experiencing this? Any ideas for fixing it? Should I post a
32 > bug and if so where? I'm thinking that asking Lennart to fix ifplugd so that
33 > it works with openrc would be taking it a step too far. :p
38 read the news items for the last 3 months or so.
39
40 openrc changes, networking and service dependencies have changed
41 somewhat, all well documented in the news items
44 Alan McKinnon
45 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com