From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: line wrap over in xterm/konsole
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 18:03:18
1 Thanks Jorge,
2
3 On Friday, 21 June 2019 18:43:56 BST Jorge Almeida wrote:
4 > On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 5:32 PM Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > On Friday, 21 June 2019 13:57:23 BST Mick wrote:
6
7 > > In case what I am asking for is not clear: How can I make xterm/konsole
8 > > behave like rxvt-unicode does and redraw the content to fit the changed
9 > > window width?
10 >
11 > CTRL + middle button -> Enable auto wraparound
12
13 I seem to have this enabled, as far as the GUI shows, along with reverse
14 wraparound - not sure what the reverse wraparound does. However, lines do not
15 wrap around when I resize the xterm window. :(
18 > Maybe you have this option disabled? To enable it by default, edit
19 > .Xresources and add/edit the line
20 > *VT100.autoWrap: true
21
22 I've added this too, just in case, logout/in and still won't wrap anything.
23
24 Well, when I anything, I tried shrinking the window width and when it became
25 narrower than my bash prompt then the prompt only started wrapping around!
26 The rest of the content (I had just run the 'ls' command) would not change
27 from its originally displayed line width.
28
29 These are the flags I have installed x11-terms/xterm-337 with:
30
31 openpty truetype unicode -Xaw3d -toolbar -xinerama
32
33 The same problem applies to other xterm based terminals, on various
34 installations of mine, but as I mentioned rxvt works as I expect/prefer. :-/
35 --
36 Regards,
37 Mick