From: Simon Hogg <nephila@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Electricsheep (General Question)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:20:56
1 On 1/27/06, Bill Roberts <billbalt@×××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 20:19 Fri 27 Jan , Ian wrote:
4 > > Hey everyone
5 > > I came across this app and and having issues getting it to work.
6 > > I was told to leave it running so it could do a download. After 8-10
7 > > minutes, nothing came up. Is there any way I can verify what its
8 > > doing? Is this what Im supposed to do?
9 >
10 > I played with this a couple of years ago. It is a applet for xscreensaver,
11 > I don't recall the detail of configuring it, but it wasn't too difficult.
12 > But it does chew up alot of bandwidth, and the results were less than
13 > spectacular. I ended up unmerging it.
14 >
15 > Good luck
16 >
17 > Bill Roberts
20 IIRC the program you're trying to remember is xscreensaver-demo
21
22 HTH,
23
24 Simon