From: Marc Blumentritt <marc.blumentritt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [solved] elog saves messages in wrong folder
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 08:47:44
1 Neil Bothwick schrieb:
2 > On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 10:08:20 +0200, Marc Blumentritt wrote:
3 > Portage has always saved two logfiles for each emerge, one with all the
4 > raw output and one with the e* messages. The elog options extract some,
5 > or all depending on your settings, of the information from the the latter
6 > file.
7
8 OK. Now I did a proper check of my log situation and I realized, that
9 nothing is wrong here! I was just confused by the name format, as Neil
10 wrote, combined with the fact, that some programs do not create any
11 "elog", if there are no messages to log (e.g. lcdsplash).
12
13 Thanks for making this clear for me.
14 Marc
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list