From: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] crypt my home repository
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 18:18:55
1 On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 7:06 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 15:26:10 +0100, Florian Philipp wrote:
4 >
5 > > > In that case, you probably want to use encfs to encrypt each home
6 > > > directory separately. dmcrypt works on block devices, so a single home
7 > > > partition would have a single password.
8 >
9 > > dmcrypt supports multiple simultaneous passwords (I think 4 or something
10 > > like that). Of course, then every user can unlock every home directory
11 >
12 > Which is why I recommended ecryptfs (I've only just noticed that the
14 > unnecessary now the kernel have ecryptfs included).
17 Thanks,
18 I didn't know about that.
19 I'll try that, as I'm using encfs, and basically it works flawlessly.
20 But running without fuse, is better.
21
22 Kfir
25 > It's not the multiple passwords, it's separately locking each user's
26 > data.
27 >
28 > --
29 >
30 > Neil Bothwick
31 >
32 > Guillotine operator wanted. Chance to get ahead.
33 >