From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] crypt my home repository
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 17:10:28
1 On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 15:26:10 +0100, Florian Philipp wrote:
2
3 > > In that case, you probably want to use encfs to encrypt each home
4 > > directory separately. dmcrypt works on block devices, so a single home
5 > > partition would have a single password.
6
7 > dmcrypt supports multiple simultaneous passwords (I think 4 or something
8 > like that). Of course, then every user can unlock every home directory
9
10 Which is why I recommended ecryptfs (I've only just noticed that the
12 unnecessary now the kernel have ecryptfs included).
13
14 It's not the multiple passwords, it's separately locking each user's
15 data.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Guillotine operator wanted. Chance to get ahead.