From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] crypt my home repository
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 14:27:31
1 Am 02.01.2012 14:29, schrieb Neil Bothwick:
2 > On Mon, 2 Jan 2012 14:12:31 +0100, Stéphane Guedon wrote:
3 >
4 >>> Alternatively, if you are using dmcrypt to encrypt /home, and you are
5 >>> the only user, set KDE to auto-login that user. The login will fail if
6 >>> dmcrypt failed to open your home partition, so one password
7 >>> effectively secures it all.
8 >>
9 >> I am not the only user !
10 >
11 > In that case, you probably want to use encfs to encrypt each home
12 > directory separately. dmcrypt works on block devices, so a single home
13 > partition would have a single password.
17 dmcrypt supports multiple simultaneous passwords (I think 4 or something
18 like that). Of course, then every user can unlock every home directory
19 and auto-login is a no-go anyway.