From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Using "root=LABEL=xxxx" in grub.conf
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 07:56:59
1 On 9 Feb 2009, at 07:42, Dale wrote:
2 > Stroller wrote:
3 >> ...
4 >> stroller@hex ~ $ sudo mount -v -L boot
5 >> /dev/sda1 on /boot type ext2 (rw,noatime)
6 >> stroller@hex ~ $
7 > ...
8 > You may have done this but just in case, you did use the tools to set
9 > the label on the drive right? tune2fs does it for ext2 and ext3. I'm
10 > not sure about ext4.
11
12 Good question! I thought for a moment that the above demonstrated that
13 I had done so, but of course it is necessary to boot from a LiveCD
14 instead:
15
16 root@sysresccd /root % mount -v -L root /mnt/gentoo
17 mount: you didn't specify a filesystem type for /dev/sda6
18 I will try type ext4
19 /dev/sda6 on /mnt/gentoo type ext4 (rw)
20 root@sysresccd /root %
21
22 Stroller.