From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Using "root=LABEL=xxxx" in grub.conf
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 08:03:11
1 On 9 Feb 2009, at 07:56, Stroller wrote:
2 >> ...
3 >> You may have done this but just in case, you did use the tools to set
4 >> the label on the drive right? tune2fs does it for ext2 and ext3.
5 >> I'm
6 >> not sure about ext4.
7 >
8 > Good question! I thought for a moment that the above demonstrated
9 > that I had done so, but of course it is necessary to boot from a
10 > LiveCD instead:
11 >
12 > root@sysresccd /root % mount -v -L root /mnt/gentoo
13 > mount: you didn't specify a filesystem type for /dev/sda6
14 > I will try type ext4
15 > /dev/sda6 on /mnt/gentoo type ext4 (rw)
16 > root@sysresccd /root %
17
18 I should have said:
19
20 Thank you for the suggestion, though.
21
22 Stroller.