From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Removeing packages
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 04:09:25
1 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Iain Buchanan<iaindb@××××××××××××.au> [08-11-27 03:53]:
3 >> meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
4 >>> Hi,
5 >>>
6 >>> Suppose one installs a package for testing the software
7 >>> and decide to remove the package again (emerge -C).
8 >>> What have one to do to make the system completly forget,
9 >>> that this package was installed previously -- for example
10 >>> it should not be suggested again when syncing...?
11 >>>
12 >> emerge -C is enough. Your results vary? Always good to put what
13 >> you've tried and what the result was.
14 >>
15 > Here again what I did:
16 >
17 > emerge -C<package>
18
19 but that's not actually what you did, or you would have seen:
20 -bash: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
21 or something similar.
22
23 Yes I'm being pedantic for a reason :) The _actual_ command is useful to
24 me when I try and figure out whats going on, eg the difference between:
25 emerge -C qt
26 or
27 emerge -C =x11-libs/qt-3.3.8b
28 would matter.
29
30 > syncing gives me this package as "N" (new).
31
32 syncing gives you that? This is why the actual output is important,
33 because what you say and what you do are different! In fact you're not
34 syncing, your probably emerging...
35
36 Otherwise I'm still guessing. If the output is long, you can trim it if
37 you're comfortable with what to cut out, or you can stick it on
38 pastebin, or your favourite upload site.
39
40 You might also want to add -t to emerge.
41
42 excuse me if I sound rude, but had you pasted real examples in your
43 original post, it may have been solved already :)
48 If you see an onion ring -- answer it!