From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Removeing packages
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 02:55:46
1 Here again what I did:
2
3 emerge -C <package>
4 syncing gives me this package as "N" (new).
9 Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au> [08-11-27 03:53]:
10 > meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
11 > >Hi,
12 > >
13 > >Suppose one installs a package for testing the software
14 > >and decide to remove the package again (emerge -C).
15 > >What have one to do to make the system completly forget,
16 > >that this package was installed previously -- for example
17 > >it should not be suggested again when syncing...?
18 >
19 > emerge -C is enough. Your results vary? Always good to put what
20 > you've tried and what the result was.
21 >
22 > --
23 > Iain Buchanan <iaindb at netspace dot net dot au>
24 >
25 > Punishment becomes ineffective after a certain point. Men become
26 > insensitive.
27 > -- Eneg, "Patterns of Force", stardate 2534.7
31 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
32 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
33 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
34 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.