From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] «-»: [gentoo-user] distcc - amd64 and x86
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 04:54:56
1 On 02/05/2012 01:46 PM, Dale wrote:
2 >
3 > It does the same for portages work space too. I have portages work
4 > directory on tmpfs and I always have to mount with the size=12g option
5 > so that LOo will even start.
6 >
7 > Thing is, it rarely uses more than 4Gbs or so. Is there a way to
8 > disable this mess? I got the space for my compile. I really don't need
9 > the checks. Another reason for the question, the OP could add a ungodly
10 > amount of swap and just listen the hard drive heads sing.
11 >
12 > Dale
13 >
17 I_KNOW_WHAT_I_AM_DOING="yes" will disable it. The prerequisite check is
18 done in check-reqs.eclass, so setting it in make.conf should disable
19 prereq checking for all packages if you're OK with the voided warranty.