From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Phonon concurrent access on device
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 13:09:41
1 On Saturday 28 November 2009 13:58:42 Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > Hi list!
3 >
4 > I recently updated one of my systems to KDE4. Now I have the problem
5 > that only one application can access the audio output at a time. If I
6 > start a second app (for example playing a video with Kaffeine while
7 > Amarok runs but is idle) the second application reports that the device
8 > "does not work".
9 >
10 > Is this normal behavior? How can I fix it?
11 >
12 > Maybe it's an issue with ALSA but before I investigate this option, I'd
13 > like to hear a "works for me" from other users.
14
15 Works for me. Also works for most other folks, as no-one else is complaining.
16
17 What are your relevant configs?
18
19 Are you in any way using (god forbid...) arts? esd? pulseaudio? Any sound
20 daemon other than ALSA?
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com