From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Phonon concurrent access on device
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 19:08:05
1 Alan McKinnon schrieb:
2 > On Saturday 28 November 2009 13:58:42 Florian Philipp wrote:
3 >> Hi list!
4 >>
5 >> I recently updated one of my systems to KDE4. Now I have the problem
6 >> that only one application can access the audio output at a time. If I
7 >> start a second app (for example playing a video with Kaffeine while
8 >> Amarok runs but is idle) the second application reports that the device
9 >> "does not work".
10 >>
11 >> Is this normal behavior? How can I fix it?
12 >>
13 >> Maybe it's an issue with ALSA but before I investigate this option, I'd
14 >> like to hear a "works for me" from other users.
15 >
16 > Works for me. Also works for most other folks, as no-one else is complaining.
17 >
18 > What are your relevant configs?
19 >
20 > Are you in any way using (god forbid...) arts? esd? pulseaudio? Any sound
21 > daemon other than ALSA?
25 Nah, I think ALSA is just misconfigured and doesn't enable HW/SW mixing.
26 I'll look into it and come back if I don't find it on my own.
27
28 Thanks so far!