From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage update bloacked
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:17:01
1 On Monday 30 June 2008, Roger Mason wrote:
2 > Kenneth Prugh <ken69267@×××××.com> writes:
3 > > emerge -O bash
4 >
5 > and
6 >
7 > Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> said:
8 > > So, first try this: emerge -1a =app-shells/bash-3.2_p17-r1
9 >
10 > Well, in the end I decided to play very straight and use a more
11 > up-to-date install CD. I'm currently installing from 2008.0_beta2,
12 > so far without any problems.
13
14 For the record, this turns out to be a fairly straightforward blocker. A
15 recent version of portage uses new features in a recent bash, and
16 Alex's suggestion will work just fine. I recently had to update 10+ old
17 machines around this entirely trouble free.
18
19 But using a more recent CD is probably the better idea, it's entirely
20 possible to manoeuvre through two years of updates, but it's kinda
21 pointless if you have a better base system at hand :-)
25 Alan McKinnon
26 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
29 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list