From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recommended way to shut down akonadi
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 19:48:21
1 On Saturday 18 Jun 2016 19:42:05 J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On Saturday, June 18, 2016 05:45:31 PM Mick wrote:
3
4 > > Thank you this did not work. I didn't know that /etc/local.d/ scripts run
5 > > at shutdown, but in any case even if they do I suspect they don't run
6 > > until X exits first.
7 >
8 > add the following to /etc/rc.conf:
9 >
10 > rc_local_need="postgresql-9.5"
11 > (or whichever version you are currently using)
12 >
13 > That will force "local" to be stopped before "xdm"
14 >
15 > but as far as I am aware, the "local" service is normally started last and
16 > stopped first.
17 > As long as it's stopped before postgresql, you should be fine.
18
19 Is don't fully understand how this may help with the problem I am
20 experiencing? Namely, akonadi will *not* stop and shutdown its agents, no
21 matter what scripts I've provided either in ~/.xsession or in
22 /etc/local.d/killakonadi.stop, in order to release gracefully any connections
23 to postgresql?
24
25 Regardless, I added the stanza in rc.conf and still have the same problem.
26 TBH I have a new problem too, which is that net.enp11s0 is now counting down
27 and waiting for ...40, ...30, ...20 seconds and so on at boot up.
28
29 Akonadi's wonderful agents won't give up at shut down.
30
31 Thank you for your kind help. I think I'll give up for now and just use a
32 terminal to stop akonadi before I shut down the PC.
35 Regards,
36 Mick