From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Switching from eudev to udev, disaster.
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 17:18:52
1 On 12/1/21 10:02 AM, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > IIRC, there are situations where using udev rules to rename them
3 > "ethN" based on MAC addresses will fail because that can conflict
4 > with the low-level kernel names. Or something like that.
5
6 I don't think I ever ran into a problem re-using the original kernel
7 eth# names /as/ /long/ /as/ the target name wasn't currently in use.
8 Sometimes I needed to vacate the target name before I could re-use it.
13 Grant. . . .
14 unix || die