From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kwin-4.1 sometimes leaves konsole undecorated
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 07:48:20
1 On Friday 15 August 2008 09:29:42 Dirk Uys wrote:
2 > On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 9:22 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
3 wrote:
4 > > On Friday 15 August 2008 09:12:06 Dirk Uys wrote:
5 > >> I don't know about the bug, but screen can safe you the hassle of
6 > >> having to open all your sessions again?
7 > >
8 > > Screen is indeed god's gift to sysadmins, it's almost as useful as bash
9 > > :-) I do use it a lot, and for more and better reasons than just
10 > > recovering from terminal crashes, but I'd still have the hassle of
11 > > ssh'ing into all those machines all over again.
12 >
13 > But you can open a screen session on your client pc in konsole and ssh
14 > from different screen sessions? Screen -> ssh -> screen ? Dunno? This
15 > is just me waffling a bit, the desire to speak up and having something
16 > to say is not always the same thing I guess?
17
18 I could do that, but there's a security implication involved. Those sessions
19 are root sessions on some very important machines and I want a little more
20 security between @ARB_BAD_GUY and those hosts than just Unix file permissions
21 on my notebook :-)
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com