From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: CIFS mounts started misbehaving
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2017 13:55:05
1 On 2017-03-06, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 2017-03-03, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> For the past 10-15 [years], I've been mounting a handfull of
5 >> directories that reside on a Windows server, and it's always worked
6 >> fine.
7 >>
8 >> About a week ago, they started acting oddly. They all mount fine,
9 >> and work as usual as long as you keep using them. AFAICT, if they
10 >> sit idle for "a while" (tens of minutes, maybe an hour), they
11 >> freeze up.
12 [...]
13 > It's a kernel 4.9 problem.
14 [...]
15 > Rebooting with the 4.4.39 kernel fixes the problem.
16
17 FWIW, I've been running 4.9.34 since yesterday, and all my CIFS mounts
18 seem stable.
21 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! TONY RANDALL! Is YOUR
22 at life a PATIO of FUN??
23 gmail.com