From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4 suspend to RAM
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 11:19:18
1 On 22 March 2010 09:26, ich bins <imehl_adresse@×××.net> wrote:
2 > Am 21.03.2010 09:46, schrieb Mick:
3 >> On Saturday 20 March 2010 15:16:57 ich bins wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> Am 20.03.2010 11:21, schrieb Mick:
6
7 >>> in the shortcuts section you have to define a new dbus-call
8 >>>
9 >>> org.kde.kded
10 >>> /modules/powerdevil
11 >>> suspend
12 >>> 2
13 >>>
14 >> Hmm ... this is weird:
15 >>
16 >> I set up Trigger as Sleep and populated the Action fields as you suggested in
17 >> the Input Actions in SystemSettings.  If I click on the Call button under the
18 >> Action fields, the machine goes to sleep.  If I use the keyboard Sleep button
19 >> it does not.  How do I troubleshoot this?
20 >>
21 > have you populated the Xf86Sleep-button (or which you re using) with the
22 > action?
23
24 Yes, in the Trigger tab of Input Actions, I clicked on 'Input' and
25 then pressed the keyboard button which changed the 'Input' field into
26 'Sleep'.
27
28 > Is the key you re using known by KDE ? which KDE version you re
29 > using?
30
31 I believe that the key is known by KDE because it is now also shown
32 under Global hotkeys.
33
34 I am using KDE-4.3.5
37 Regards,