From: ich bins <imehl_adresse@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4 suspend to RAM
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 09:27:12
1 Am 21.03.2010 09:46, schrieb Mick:
2 > On Saturday 20 March 2010 15:16:57 ich bins wrote:
3 >
4 >> Am 20.03.2010 11:21, schrieb Mick:
5 >>
6 >>> Hi All,
7 >>>
8 >>> I want to map a OEM keyboard button to suspend the PC to RAM, but I am
9 >>> not sure which command KDE4 is using in its menu for suspending to RAM.
10 >>> I assume that I will be able to map this button to the command in
11 >>> question and I wouldn't need to elevate privileges, enter passwds, or the
12 >>> like, because when I select it from the KDE menu it just runs.
13 >>>
14 >> in the shortcuts section you have to define a new dbus-call
15 >>
16 >> org.kde.kded
17 >> /modules/powerdevil
18 >> suspend
19 >> 2
20 >>
21 > Hmm ... this is weird:
22 >
23 > I set up Trigger as Sleep and populated the Action fields as you suggested in
24 > the Input Actions in SystemSettings. If I click on the Call button under the
25 > Action fields, the machine goes to sleep. If I use the keyboard Sleep button
26 > it does not. How do I troubleshoot this?
27 >
28 have you populated the Xf86Sleep-button (or which you re using) with the
29 action? Is the key you re using known by KDE ? which KDE version you re
30 using?