From: Daevid Vincent <daevid@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] What's the deal with no gnome 2.18 in portage?
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 21:56:18
1 > I would check overlay setup and also try `emerge
2 > =exact-group/exact-package-2.18.whatever` i.e. specify the
3 > specific ebuild you wish to emerge? I have used overlays
4 > before for xgl and for init-ng but both were a few months ago
5 > so please feel free to correct me if I am missing something.
6
7 I'm not interested in doing any kind of fancy-shmancy installation.
8
9 I'm trying to run near stable as possible. In fact, I've recently deleted my
10 package.keywords file so that I can migrate all the ~x86 packages to x86 as
11 they come in line (i.e. "U", not "D")
12
13 I find it interesting that 2.18 doesn't even have a ~x86 version listed
14 however.
15
16 Was someone sleeping on the job ;-) or is it somehow more complicated than
17 the previous 2.16 (and prior) releases to add to portage?
18
19 Honestly, I use KDE vs. Gnome, but I'm always wanting to see what new groovy
20 stuff Gnome has. And in this particular case, my Gnome is somehow horked.
21 Some $hit about "bonobo" or some other uselessly-named library/program that
22 means nothing to me. So I was hoping to "solve" that by just re-emerging
23 'gnome' and getting the 2.18 -- since it's gonna take a few days to emerge
24 anyways. I've tried to emerge 'gnome' but it doesn't seem to fix the
25 problem, and I don't care all that much anyways. Although my fonts in KDE
26 are sorta screwed for things like FireFox that rely upon some
27 gnome/GTK/whatever...
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list