From: "Nelson
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] What's the deal with no gnome 2.18 in portage?
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:47:36
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: John covici [mailto:covici@××××××××××.com]
3 > Sent: 21 March 2007 10:30
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's the deal with no gnome 2.18 in
6 > portage?
7 >
8 > nope, this completely ignores the overlays -- it does have [1] and [2]
9 > at the end each followed by the name of an overlay directory, but it
10 > never gets any ebuilds from either of them.
13 I would check overlay setup and also try `emerge =exact-group/exact-package-2.18.whatever` i.e. specify the specific ebuild you wish to emerge? I have used overlays before for xgl and for init-ng but both were a few months ago so please feel free to correct me if I am missing something.
14
15 PS (to all):
16 1) Please trim crap out of messages you send to this list: e.g. that junk at the end of previous emails
17 2) Please don't top post as it makes threads harder to follow
18 3) Please don't use HTML email if you can help it
19
20 Cheers,
24 djn
25
26 I do not represent anyone else in emails I send to this list.
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list