From: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] What's the deal with no gnome 2.18 in portage?
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:36:52
1 on Wednesday 03/21/2007 Nelson, David J(David.Nelson2@×××××××××××.com) wrote
2 > > -----Original Message-----
3 > > From: John covici [mailto:covici@××××××××××.com]
4 > > Sent: 21 March 2007 10:30
5 > > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
6 > > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's the deal with no gnome 2.18 in
7 > > portage?
8 > >
9 > > nope, this completely ignores the overlays -- it does have [1] and [2]
10 > > at the end each followed by the name of an overlay directory, but it
11 > > never gets any ebuilds from either of them.
14 > I would check overlay setup and also try `emerge =exact-group/exact-package-2.18.whatever` i.e. specify the specific ebuild you wish to emerge? I have used overlays before for xgl and for init-ng but both were a few months ago so please feel free to correct me if I am missing something.
15
16 Seems most of the packages are masked so I have to find each one and
17 put them in package.keywords -- yuck.
21 > PS (to all):
22 > 1) Please trim crap out of messages you send to this list: e.g. that junk at the end of previous emails
23 > 2) Please don't top post as it makes threads harder to follow
24 > 3) Please don't use HTML email if you can help it
25 >
26 > Cheers,
29 > --
30 > djn
31 >
32 > I do not represent anyone else in emails I send to this list.
33 > --
34 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
37 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
38 How do
39 you spend it?
40
41 John Covici