From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Something is pulling in gnome-base
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2013 11:48:21
1 On Saturday 07 Dec 2013 11:27:50 Tom Wijsman wrote:
2 > On Sat, 7 Dec 2013 11:03:00 +0000
3 >
4 > Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > It used to be the case that setting -gnome globally would be
6 > > sufficient, without having to manually mask packages. I had
7 > > gstreamer in pidgin to be able to get sound. I'm guessing that I
8 > > need gstreamer in pidgin to be able to set up a voice call in gtalk.
9 > >
10 > > Is it the case that now one has to install gnome-base to be able to
11 > > use gstreamer?
12 >
13 > Seems so, you'll need to check with upstream or with the code for more
14 > details; but it is just one small package though.
15
16 Sure, today it is just gnome-base, tomorrow I could end up *having* to install
17 systemd or whatever RHL and their developers have deemed appropriate for your
18 average desktop system. I've masked the two you suggested for now.
19
20 Thanks again!
21 --
22 Regards,