From: Jean Magnan de Bornier <jean@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] PAM problem
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 11:50:54
1 Hi all,
2
3 and a happy nerw year!
4
5 My problem with PAM has several manifestations:
6 1/ I cannot login as root (I know I should not do that btw):
7 "Login incorrect" (but I know my root password!)
8 2/ Using sudo su as a user:
9
10 12:32 jean@borixe /home/jean % sudo su
11 Password:
12 su : Authentication service cannot retrieve authentication info.
13 (Ignoré)
14 [root@borixe:/home/jean]#
15
16 3/ So I can do *some* admin jobs, but *not all;* specifically I cannot create a
17 new user:
18
19 [root@borixe:/home/jean]# useradd jojo
20 useradd : échec de la méthode d'authentification PAM
21
22 (ie, the pam auth method fails)
23
24 I guess it is the same problem causing these behaviours, but am far from
25 being an expert on that, so any help will be welcome!
26 TIA
27 --
28 Jean Magnan de Bornier | Cours Victor Hugo
29 e-mots: jean at bornier.net | 13980 Alleins France
30 T 08 70 39 34 03 | P 06 09 17 35 87
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list