From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PAM problem
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 12:23:01
1 Jean Magnan de Bornier wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > and a happy nerw year!
5 >
6 > My problem with PAM has several manifestations:
7 > 1/ I cannot login as root (I know I should not do that btw):
8 > "Login incorrect" (but I know my root password!)
9 > 2/ Using sudo su as a user:
10 >
11 > 12:32 jean@borixe /home/jean % sudo su
12 > Password:
13 > su : Authentication service cannot retrieve authentication info.
14 > (Ignoré)
15 > [root@borixe:/home/jean]#
16 >
17 > 3/ So I can do *some* admin jobs, but *not all;* specifically I cannot create a
18 > new user:
19 >
20 > [root@borixe:/home/jean]# useradd jojo
21 > useradd : échec de la méthode d'authentification PAM
22 >
23 > (ie, the pam auth method fails)
24 >
25 > I guess it is the same problem causing these behaviours, but am far from
26 > being an expert on that, so any help will be welcome!
27 > TIA
31 As I see it, you have to:
32 - boot from a CD
33 - mount your gentoo
34 - chroot into it
35 - change root password by "passwd"
36 - reinstall pam by "emerge -1 sys-libs/pam"
37
38 Note that the last step requires a working connection to The Internet.
41 Best regards,
42 Daniel
46 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list