From: Peter van Eck <peter@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Thunderbird and local LDAP server
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 07:37:21
2 Hash: SHA1
5 Excellent.. Never thought of or even looked in use.desc for a +ldap USE
6 flag...
7
8 That's it !! case solved :-)
9
10 thanks,
11
12 Peter
15 Bryce Verdier wrote:
16 >
17 > emerge -vp mozilla-thunderbird
18 >
19 > These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
20 >
21 > Calculating dependencies ...done!
22 > [ebuild R ] mail-client/mozilla-thunderbird-1.0.6-r2 -debug +gnome
23 > +ipv6 +ldap -mozcalendar -moznoxft +truetype -xinerama -xprint 32,584 kB
24 >
25 > You probably just needed to add the "+ldap" to your USE variable.
26 >
27 > b.
28 >
29 > Peter van Eck wrote:
30 >
31 > Here is a problem that I've been facing for a while too ;-(
32 >
33 > Adding an LDAP server in Thunderbird, basically all Mozilla releases
34 > from 1.x.x. and up were giving the same result ..You add the LDAP server
35 > and it will not show up in the end.No errors or anything ..
36 > In my case the LDAP server in question is, Netscape's / Sun Iplanet..
37 >
38 > I tested on different machines with different versions of X and window
39 > managers...all on gentoo..same result..
40 >
41 > I ended up using Netscape 7.2 which did work ..
42 >
43 > Now I've recently installed the thunderbird-bin package from portage and
44 > guess what .. IT WORKS !!!
45 >
46 > I tried the source package ..and no luck.,..You would start to think
47 > that it is not compiled in building from source on gentoo.
48 > I did'nt look into it in detail though , so can't really make a
49 > statement on that..
50 >
51 > Just my experience with LDAP / Mozilla...
52 >
53 > rgds,
54 >
55 > Peter
56 >
57 > Abraham Marín Pérez wrote:
60 >>>> Hi everyone:
61 >>>>
62 >>>> I recently had some problems sharing my contacts with more than one
63 >>>> mail client, so I decided to run a local LDAP server. I emerged OpenLDAP
64 >>>> and checked it with phpLDAPadmin. I can browse server's database and
65 >>>> add/remove/modify contacts with phpLDAPadmin, but I can't connect to it
66 >>>> with a mail application; I tried both Evolution and Thunderbird and I
67 >>>> got nothing.
68 >>>>
69 >>>> The one I care the most is Thunderbird. I tried to add a link to the
70 >>>> server from the Address Book: FILE -> NEW -> LDAP DIRECTORY; I typed
71 >>>> what I think is the right parameters and tried, but nothing happened. Am
72 >>>> I doing anything wrong?
73 >>>>
74 >>>> Thanks,
75 >>>> Abraham