From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev-191 bit me. Insufficient ptys
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 17:41:15
1 On 2013-02-03 12:51 PM, Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >> The question is not whether to halt the build or not (that cannot and
3 >> >will not be done) but how to do the communication:
4 >> >
5 >> >- news item
6 > There is one, from 2013-01-23, ending with 'Apologies if this news came
7 > too late for you.'
8 >
9 > Okay, if that one came a little earlier, I would have been fine.
10
11 Ok, I'm actually now toying with the idea of updating udev on my older
12 server, since a separate /usr is now supported...
13
14 So, reading this news item:
15
16 <snip>
17
18 > - The need of CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y in the kernel; need to verify the
19 > fstype for possible /dev line in /etc/fstab is devtmpfs (and not,
20 > for example, tmpfs)
21
22 So, since I have:
23
24 > shm /dev/shm tmpfs nodev,nosuid,noexec 0 0
25
26 I change the type tmpfs to devtmpfs... ok...
27
28 Last...
29
30 > And read every message printed by the emerge of udev and
31 > udev-init-scripts to ensure the system is in order before booting as
32 > this news item might not be complete.
33
34 All of these messages will be in the emailed emerge message(s), correct?
35 Meaning, I won't have to be sitting there watching the emerge output?
36
37 Thanks...