From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Clock is way off
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 17:28:41
1 On 09 May 2007, Dale wrote:
2 > Redouane Boumghar wrote:
3 > > Hello everyone,
4 > >
5 > > I recently had to reset my clock to a more "correct" (that may be
6 > > subjective) setting.
7 > > In your case I would set my /etc/conf.d/clock file as:
8 > >
9 > > CLOCK="UTC"
10 > > TIMEZONE="US/Pacific"
11 > > then I would assure that my /etc/localtime file is correct with the
12 > > next command:
13 > >
14 > > $ cp /usr/share/zoneinfo/US/Pacific /etc/localtime
15 > >
16 > > <snip>
17 > > Hope that helps
18 > > I'd be happy to share the pros and the cons...
19 >
20 > I think you are supposed to link that localtime file instead of
21 > copying. If the file in zoneinfo gets updated then the one in /etc will
22 > still be the old one.
23 >
24 > Someone correct me if I am wrong here.
25
26 Either way is possible. I prefer a link so I can see what /etc/localtime
27 points to.
28
29 Uwe
32 The Informal Linux Group Namibia: