From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Clock is way off
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 17:11:17
1 Redouane Boumghar wrote:
2 > Hello everyone,
3 >
4 > I recently had to reset my clock to a more "correct" (that may be
5 > subjective) setting.
6 > In your case I would set my /etc/conf.d/clock file as:
7 >
8 > CLOCK="UTC"
9 > TIMEZONE="US/Pacific"
10 > then I would assure that my /etc/localtime file is correct with the
11 > next command:
12 >
13 > $ cp /usr/share/zoneinfo/US/Pacific /etc/localtime
14 >
15 > <snip>
16 > Hope that helps
17 > I'd be happy to share the pros and the cons...
20 I think you are supposed to link that localtime file instead of
21 copying. If the file in zoneinfo gets updated then the one in /etc will
22 still be the old one.
23
24 Someone correct me if I am wrong here.
25
26 Dale
27
31 www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967
32
33 Copy n paste then remove the -remove-me- part.
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list