From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Clock is way off
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 17:35:06
1 On Wed, 09 May 2007 12:05:05 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > I think you are supposed to link that localtime file instead of
4 > copying. If the file in zoneinfo gets updated then the one in /etc will
5 > still be the old one.
6
7 You are not supposed to link it any more, because that will break if /usr
8 has not yet been mounted. Set the correct timezone in /etc/conf.d/clock
9 and portage will copy the correct file to /etc/localtime whenever you
10 update timezone-data.
11
12 > Someone correct me if I am wrong here.
13
14 Done ;-)
18 Neil Bothwick
19