From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Clock is way off
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 19:04:15
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 09 May 2007 12:05:05 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >> I think you are supposed to link that localtime file instead of
6 >> copying. If the file in zoneinfo gets updated then the one in /etc will
7 >> still be the old one.
10 > You are not supposed to link it any more, because that will break if /usr
11 > has not yet been mounted. Set the correct timezone in /etc/conf.d/clock
12 > and portage will copy the correct file to /etc/localtime whenever you
13 > update timezone-data.
16 >> Someone correct me if I am wrong here.
19 > Done ;-)
24 Learn something every day. Funny, it has been a long time since I had
25 to reinstall Linux. It just runs and runs and runs and runs and runs
26 and runs and runs. . . . . .
27
28 I did check and it was changed to a regular file on mine too. I guess
29 it did that itself during the update. I don't remember doing it anyway.
30
31 Thanks for the correction.
32
33 Dale
34
38 www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967
39
40 Copy n paste then remove the -remove-me- part.