From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4 localization
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 16:57:30
1 Mick writes:
2
3 > On Sunday 29 May 2011 18:16:04 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
4 > > On Saturday 28 May 2011 20:27:59 Alex Schuster wrote:
5 > > > Maxim Vorontsov writes:
6 > > > > 27.05.2011, в 21:35, Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> написал(а):
7
8 > > > I backup them up regularly. And I just had to restore some config
9 > > > files because all plasma was messed up AGAIN. Most plasmoids were
10 > > > missing, including the panel, and I hat lots of additional
11 > > > activities. Before this I had to log out because kwin was using 1.3G
12 > > > of memory. Maybe a side effect from /var running full? I had 2G of
13 > > > stuff in
14 > > > /var/tmp/kdecache-wonko/http/. Is this normal? I moved this directory
15 > > > into my $HOME directory and set a symlink so just using KDE will not
16 > > > again fill /var again.
17
18 > > no, normal is something like 60 or 100mb for http. You don't delete
19 > > your caches...
20
21 Should I?
22
23 > > btw, a lot of kde stuff ends up in .local nowadays. Stupid standards...
24
25 Noticed that, too. Probably stuff that not only KDE uses, like Trash, or
26 Mails. Might actually be a good thing, I think.
27
28 > This is mine:
29 >
30 > $ du -s -h /var/tmp/kdecache-michael/http
31 > 61M /var/tmp/kdecache-michael/http
32 >
33 > Are you running some strange plasma or plugin that keeps caching and
34 > caching?
35
36 I don't think so, and I did not install such stuff recently.
37
38 But now that I look again, I do not find _any_ new files in
39 /var/tmp/kdecache-wonko/.
40
41 > In Konqueror I have my Disk Cache Size set at 51200 KiB.
42
43 Same here.
44
45 Wonko