From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4 localization
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 18:50:09
1 On Sunday 29 May 2011 18:16:04 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Saturday 28 May 2011 20:27:59 Alex Schuster wrote:
3 > > Maxim Vorontsov writes:
4 > > > 27.05.2011, в 21:35, Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> написал(а):
5 > > > > Maxim Vorontsov writes:
6 > > > >> No, for me all works fine.
7 > > > >
8 > > > > Probably another problem that only I have.
9 > > > > BTW, German language is of course set in systemsettings, and it's
10 > > > > also
11 > > > > set via Help -> Switch Application Language.
12 > > > >
13 > > > > It's no big deal, but I'm missing the German language in KMyMoney.
14 > > >
15 > > > Maybe deleting config files in ~/.kde can help?
16 > >
17 > > It's .kde4 in Gentoo. No, the same happens when I try with a test user
18 > > with clean .kde4 directory.
19 > >
20 > > > Dont forget backup it:-)
21 > >
22 > > I backup them up regularly. And I just had to restore some config files
23 > > because all plasma was messed up AGAIN. Most plasmoids were missing,
24 > > including the panel, and I hat lots of additional activities. Before this
25 > > I had to log out because kwin was using 1.3G of memory. Maybe a side
26 > > effect from /var running full? I had 2G of stuff in
27 > > /var/tmp/kdecache-wonko/http/. Is this normal? I moved this directory
28 > > into my $HOME directory and set a symlink so just using KDE will not
29 > > again fill /var again.
30 > >
31 > > Wonko
32 >
33 > no, normal is something like 60 or 100mb for http. You don't delete your
34 > caches...
35 >
36 > btw, a lot of kde stuff ends up in .local nowadays. Stupid standards...
37
38 This is mine:
39
40 $ du -s -h /var/tmp/kdecache-michael/http
41 61M /var/tmp/kdecache-michael/http
42
43 Are you running some strange plasma or plugin that keeps caching and caching?
44
45 In Konqueror I have my Disk Cache Size set at 51200 KiB.
46
47 HTH.
48 --
49 Regards,