From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4 localization
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 18:05:59
1 On Saturday 28 May 2011 20:27:59 Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Maxim Vorontsov writes:
3 > > 27.05.2011, в 21:35, Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> написал(а):
4 > > > Maxim Vorontsov writes:
5 > > >> No, for me all works fine.
6 > > >
7 > > > Probably another problem that only I have.
8 > > > BTW, German language is of course set in systemsettings, and it's
9 > > > also
10 > > > set via Help -> Switch Application Language.
11 > > >
12 > > > It's no big deal, but I'm missing the German language in KMyMoney.
13 > >
14 > > Maybe deleting config files in ~/.kde can help?
15 >
16 > It's .kde4 in Gentoo. No, the same happens when I try with a test user with
17 > clean .kde4 directory.
18 >
19 > > Dont forget backup it:-)
20 >
21 > I backup them up regularly. And I just had to restore some config files
22 > because all plasma was messed up AGAIN. Most plasmoids were missing,
23 > including the panel, and I hat lots of additional activities. Before this I
24 > had to log out because kwin was using 1.3G of memory. Maybe a side effect
25 > from /var running full? I had 2G of stuff in /var/tmp/kdecache-wonko/http/.
26 > Is this normal? I moved this directory into my $HOME directory and set a
27 > symlink so just using KDE will not again fill /var again.
28 >
29 > Wonko
30
31 no, normal is something like 60 or 100mb for http. You don't delete your
32 caches...
33
34 btw, a lot of kde stuff ends up in .local nowadays. Stupid standards...