From: "Brett I. Holcomb" <brettholcomb@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mail systems
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 19:37:49
1 Thank you. Opera is a client but it doesn't understand the system of
2 mboxes or maildirs that Pine uses - at least not as far as I've been able
3 to discover. It can talk to IMAP or POP servers but doesn't seem to have a
4 place for procmail to dump the mail to. With Pine I can tell it to use
5 the local mail folders where mail is dumped after it's fetched and
6 processed by procmail.
7
8 I've liked the fetchmail->procmail setup as I can have procmail process
9 the mail in many ways and even though Opera can do much of that I'ld like
10 to keep this process.
11
12 Thanks.
15 On Sun, 9 Oct 2005, Jean Magnan