From: Steven Susbauer <stupendoussteve@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSH/SSH2 hosed, partially fixed, some rubble remains
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 20:22:05
1 On Thu, 25 May 2006, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2
3 > /etc/init.d/sshd
4 > and /etc/init.d/sshd2
5 >
6 > I can start and stop sshd, but not sshd2, which complains it's not
7 > configured. File
8 > timestamps indicate that sshd2 stuff has not changed since some time in
9 > 2004.
10 > Moreover, "equery belongs" cannot locate any package that owns the sshd2
11 > files.
12 > The sshd files belong to net-misc/openssh-4.3_p2-r1.
13 >
14 > STILL TROUBLING:
15 > why did LDAP get turned on? Whodunnit?
16 > why do I have orphaned sshd2 things?
19 It's odd that you would have anything saying sshd2 anyway, openssh is all
20 that is needed to use the SSH1/2 protocol, not seperate daemons, though
21 I'm not sure how it might have been in 2004...
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list