From: Elijah Mark Anderson <mark@××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Change keyserver used by portage?
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 03:23:37
1 On Sunday, July 1, 2018 8:55:05 PM CDT R0b0t1 wrote:
2 > On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 10:26 AM, Elijah Mark Anderson <mark@××××××.name>
3 wrote:
4 > > Anyone one know how I can change the keyserver address used by portage? I
5 > > keep getting "no route to host" for hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net when I
6 > > sync.
7 > What are you trying to do? Find the command being run and run it
8 > manually while specifying --keyserver. Also file a bug report.
9 >
10 > I posted my last reply after pgp.mit.edu also failed. The URL you give
11 > is obviously a key server pool, but it looks like MIT's may be also
12 > (without inspecting it). I retried on MIT's URL until the request went
13 > through. If you can't change the URL then keep trying.
14 >
15 > The issue is, I think, that the pool will give you servers that don't
16 > support HKP, but I have had this issue when contacting keyservers
17 > directly.
18 >
19 > Cheers,
20 > R0b0t1
21
22 Currently, portage is using that pool url when I run emaint's sync module. I
23 keep getting the "no route to host" error from it, and no indication what
24 server it's actually being directed to.
25
26 What I want to do is reconfigure portage to use a particular server that I know
27 is reliable.
30 Elijah Mark Anderson
31 mark@××××××.name
32 --
33 「塵も積もれば山となる。」
34 "Even dust, when piled up, becomes a mountain" - Ancient Japanese proverb