From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: emacs shell color question
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 15:56:13
1 David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com> writes:
2
3 > A search for "ansi" at gmane suggested using ansi-term instead
4 > of shell. That gave me color but previous line editing and such were
5 > different, which I'm not sure I like :-<
6 >
7 > So I looked in /usr/share/emacs/... for ansi-term and found
8 > ansi-color.el. Comments at the beginning tell how to turn on color
9 > within a shell. This looks like what I want!
10
11 Good, however you should not really need to use ansi-mode.
12 I do not, and don't have the trouble you mentioned.
13
14 In normal shell-mode (M-x shell) I do see the escape sequences you
15 mention but not in eshell (M-x eshell).
16
17 I think, if you post on gmane.emacs.help with what you are
18 experiencing someone will be able to help you identify, what in your
19 OS setup is causing the problem.
20
21 I did notice one thread where the user ended up discovering somekind
22 of alias to ls that was causing his problem.
23
24 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.help/39496/focus=39505
25
26 Typing `alias' in an xterm might reveal something. Here I see:
27 alias ls='ls --color=auto'
28 as the only reference to ls.
29
30 Posting there with your exact problem would probably be best.
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list